I wasn’t planning on posting this here, seeing as it is hardly even a recipe, so I’ll just keep this short and sweet.
It is as simple as can be; three ingredients, no cooking, and minimal effort…but the results are a mouthwatering frozen dessert, perfect for cooling off on hot summer days!
I love making popsicles in summer. They’re ridiculously easy, incredibly healthy, and the flavour combinations are endless! Such a fun little treat to make and have on hand during the hotter months, and this flavour combo right here has to be my favourite to date.
I cannot RESIST strawberries with balsamic vinegar, an Italian tip I picked up from the domestic goddess herself, Nigella Lawson, and have continued to use in my recipes ever since (like this Roasted Strawberry & Balsamic Jam). Something about the deep tanginess of the balsamic vinegar brings out the sweetness and delicious fruitiness of strawberries in the most gorgeous way…if you haven’t tried it before, I DO urge you to give it a go! It may sound a little bonkers, but trust me; it truly works.
I made this short little video for this recipe for Woolworths, and I must say, I am quite fond of it! Rarely do I make recipes that can be summed up so briefly and simply, as you know I tend to feel the need to explain every little detail of every little step in most of my recipes, so this is a refreshing change of pace haha!
I hope you enjoy it!
- • 500g strawberries, halved
- • generous drizzle of honey, to taste
- • 2-3 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- In a bowl, combine the strawberries, honey & vinegar. Give it a stir then leave until the mixture is slightly syrupy, 10-15mins.
- Transfer the mixture into a blender and blend until completely smooth.
- Pour into popsicle moulds (or even plastic or disposable cups if you don't have moulds) and freeze till solid. Enjoy!